June 29, 2006

storms descend and fire works



Storms descend so darkly the streetlights turn on at 3 in the afternoon
Little “click-beetle” tiptoes over scrawled words on old envelopes
Cats fight in the dark screaming with pain and lust and fear…we stand in the driveway….illuminated psuedo rose window perks up the street nighttime.

CHECK meteor crater means star wound?

Firefly pushes his belly lantern against the glass of my drawing window pane (“the windows are paning” j beaver)

Loose dog trots briskly his ill-got freedom

Seventeen orange slugs on our banana peel: they must be banana slugs…?

Shape-shifting is daft, man, unless it’s a hologram waves particles quantums in our heads

All the children are washing away

Swift churning water
a pair of blue herons cry out circling around and around overhead…it looks like cicadas are emerging in the wood mud…field of fading penstemones

white pennies of hailstones
rusty water in the radiator

“I take small car
I get disks
I chase squirrel
I think about Moose…3 p.m.” daf

“I took car
didn’t go far

Not scary
Went to Library

Be back soon
Four hours before moon.” daf


see more poems here